Forever
Monday, July 23, 2007
Occasionally I surf BBC.com because I think that most of the passages there are well-written. And I like English to be written in English, but not AmE. But today I found something which makes me sad and a bit worried.

Floods: At-a-glance
Many roads across the county have been closed because of flooding, with towns in the south of the county - including Stratford, Alcester, Leamington and Kenilworth - worst affected.

No severe flood warnings remain in place, although the Avon is on flood watch from Rugby to Salford Priors.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6911778.stm

I am so sorry to know that these beautiful places are heavily affected by the terrible and unusual rainfall. Last month when I was there, my host mother told me that that was the worst June in 200 years. Now I may think that this is their worst July in their history. I hope my host family would be fine, and the flowers and plants in the garden are fine too.

Cross my fingers...
Slid down the rainbow at 11:07 pm
2 Comments:
  • At Wed Jul 25, 12:20:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said?/p>

    i personally lov english in england way instead of AmE as well!!!!

    and add oil for ya work ;)

     
  • At Wed Jul 25, 11:19:00 pm, Blogger manmag said?/p>

    Kathy, it's good that we always have similar point of views (actually I knew that 2 years ago already). When will Ms Lam be free to have a meal together?

    I've not finished my work yet...sadly.. but I will finish them by the end of this month~

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
Navigation